WHAT IS THE MEANING OF HALF BOARD, FULL BOARD, ALL INCLUSIVE ?
For a first timer to Maldives, one can be confused with the different meal plans in Maldives resorts but actually its quite simple to understand. Read on to find out more !
However, I’m seeing some changes in the these meal plan and a lot of Maldivian resort has their own definition of what’s included in the meal plan. Typically only the All inclusive meal plan, there will be selected drinks serve, i.e bottle water, soft drinks, selected beer and wines or fruit juices. Now there are some resorts that started to serve limited drinks even it’s just half board or full board, usually their selected drinks in glasses.
For the Maldives All Inclusive meal plan, it’s getting even more interesting. Many resorts now separate AI meal plan into 2 categories, Entry AI and an enhance AI plan. An entry AI meal plan will normally just get you 3 meals with drinks from selected menu, while the enhance ones will get you additional services such as laundry, mini bars in room, extended drinks menu, spa and free excursions.
Below are some examples with remarkable meal plans:
Image Credit : Maafushivaru Maldives
- Maafuishivaru Maldives – This is one of our best selling resort. They are giving out free house water, soft drinks for their Full board meal plan, and at the same time throwing in 3 free excursions (sunset cruise, sunset fishing trip, glass bottom boat ride), they are thorwing free snorkeling equipment too ! The promotion is until end October 2018…but due to popular demand, they are extending their promotion till 27th Dec 2018 ! ! This deal is not to be missed especially you will be flying on a seaplane to the resort too !
Image Credit : Cocoon Maldives
- Cocoon Maldives – Their winter packages even give a discount on the room plus a free upgrde on the meal plan to All Inclusive Meal Plan !
Still Confused on The Different Meal Plans in Maldives
CHECK WITH US ! It’s always good to check with us the details in your meal plan when you are selecting you resort packages. Many times, during a ad-hoc promotion, a resort might even give out free meal plan upgrades, free excursion and Spa, and that’s where it’s really getting the bang for the buck.
Shukuriyyaa (Thank you in Dhivehi,Maldivian language) for reading this post. Post your comments in this blog if you have more questions. Oh, by the way, do check out our really value for money Maldives holiday packages :
- 5D4N Maafushivaru Maldives Full-board package – Rates start from S$1625 nett per person
- 5D4N Kuramathi Maldives split room stay Full-board package – Rates from S$1425 nett per person. Kuramathi is an interesting resort, read more about it here.
- 5D4N Cocoon Maldives split room stay with AI package – Rates from S$1895 nett per person
- 5D4N Movenpick Maldives(New opening) with Half-board – Rates from S$2138 nett per person