WHICH IS THE BEST RESORT IN MALDIVES? There is no straight forward answer to this, as it depends on budget, occasion and objective of the trip. We at The Lazing Wanderer has decided to kick start a series of blog to introduce briefly on different resorts in Maldives. First up today, we will be introducing KURAMATHI MALDIVES.
You can read more on other resorts here:
NOKU MALDIVES – A NEWLY RENOVATED RESORT !
BEST RESORTS IN MALDIVES – OBLU BY ATMOSPHERE RESORTS
ALL ABOUT KURAMATHI MALDIVES
Kuramathi Maldives – Located in Fasdhoo Atoll, on one of the five islands located in this tiny archipelagog. The whole island is about 1.8km long.
- Offer 11 type of villas ranging from beach villas, jacuzzi villas, 2 bedroom beach house. water villa, pool villa to honeymoon pool villa etc. Guest villas are scattered around lush gardens and they are facing secluded areas of long beaches.
- Suitable for couples as well as families with young children or group of friends. Bageecha is Kuramathi signature kid’s club with activities to keep children occupied while parents can enjoy and relax.
Image Credit : Kuramathi Maldives
- Kuramathi is about 56 km from Male airport and you need to have a internal speedboat or seaplane transfer to reach the island.
Image Credit : Googlemap
- One main point about Kuramathi is that many areas of the island remain untouched, inviting guests to leisurely stroll along deserted beaches or through virgin vegetation. Look at picture above on the sandbank at the “tail end” of the Kuramathi Island, it’s Instagram worthy place. One can actually do a renewal of their wedding vows on the sandbank !
Video Credit : Kuramathi Maldives
DINING OPTIONS IN KURAMATHI MALDIVES
There are many options when it comes to dining in Kuramathi Maldives:
- Harage, Malaafaiy, Farivalhu – These 3 are the main restaurants located in different parts of the island offering breakfast, lunch and dinner buffets. Breakfast is continental with a wide selection cereal, fresh pastries and breads, fresh fruits, juices, and a live cooking station offering eggs, waffles and pancakes prepared to your liking. Lunch is a light affair, featuring a variety of salads and sandwiches, whilst themed buffets from all around the world are offered for dinner.
- Island Coffee Shop (Menu) – All day dining option featuring a diverse international menu and a special selection of local curries.
- Siam Garden (Menu) – Situated amidst the luxuriant vegetation, Siam Garden’s menu includes a variety of seafood, fish, vegetarian, beef & chicken dishes as well as delicious Thai fresh fruits, desserts & Asian herbal teas.
- Tandoor Mahal (Menu)- Surrounded by the lush gardens, Tandoor Mahal offers guests the chance to experience traditional Tandoori cooking with some delicious curries, rice, Biriyani and an assortment of Indian breads.
- The Reef (Menu) – An intimate restaurant, situated over the turquoise lagoon, The Reef is their signature seafood restaurant.
- Kobe (Menu)- An over-water teppanyaki dining experience complete with a culinary performance.
- Palm (Menu)- Palm offers an eclectic collection of sensational culinary delights from the Mediterranean shores to island grown salads, antipasti, pasta, traditional Italian pizza with crispy thin crusts and homemade ice cream featuring both tropical and classical flavours.
- Duniye (Menu) – Set in the heart of the island, Duniye flaunts fare from all over the globe served with their collection of well-acclaimed wines.
- Inguru (Menu) – Light dining options during the day, and exquisite Asian Fusion cuisine for dinner.
- Island Barbeque (Menu) – Select high quality meats are cooked to your desires, complemented with traditional barbeque side dishes and matured fine wines. Set right on the beach, with views out to the sea and the infinity pool, this chic restaurant also offers a selection of island grown organic food.
- Private Dining Experiences (Menu)- To celebrate your anniversary or to toast to your new-found love, for the ultimate romantic gesture or to even ask ‘the question’, why not try the island’s private dining experiences? It provides the perfect setting.
- Bars – Six bars around the island offer delicious cocktails, day and night and many offer evening entertainment. During the Happy Hour from 18:00 to 20:00hrs, discount on all cocktails are also offered.
- Sky Bar – Blending privacy and luxury in a sky high setting. Perched 7 meters above sea-level, Sky Bar is a venue purely designed for sheer privacy melded in comfort and luxury.
Maldives Package All Inclusive - Kuramathi
Won’t it be fantastic if all the meals including high tea, beverages (soft drinks, cocktails, even spirits, beer, wines etc) are taken care of? Kuramathi has an option for all-inclusive package for customers visiting them. Starting from their basic all-inclusive plan, it includes breakfast, lunch, dinner, high tea, mini bar in villa, beverages etc. It also includes snorkeling equipment and even includes one sunset cruise and one trip to neighboring island Rasdhoo per person per stay. If you are confused with the different meal plans in Maldives, check out our easy to understand blog here.
Kuramathi Spa & Recreation
Kuramathi Spa is located among luxurious vegetation and has the ocean as it backdrop. Spa facilities includes 13 treatment rooms, rain showers, herbal essence steam bath, finnish sauna, cool dip pool and off course Jacuzzi. Prices for Kuramathi Spa range from as low as USD45 to USD 240. They also provide other services like make up for photo shoot, hair styling etc.
Kuramathi’s house reef makes for a great Maldives snorkeling experience. Recreation in Kuramathi includes the usual like wind surfing, catamaran, dinghy, stand up paddle , kayak, motorized activites etc, just to name a few.
KURAMATHI MALDIVES REVIEW - BY OUR CUSTOMERS
- “We have one couple that booked a Maldives holiday package and stayed in the superior beach villa with Jacuzzi and commented that the room is good and roomy. The white gorgeous beach is just 15m from their room and they saw grey heron birds and bats from the beach. They snorkel around the beach and saw many baby sharks.”
- “Another customer went on a Maldives vacation with her whole family which includes children says that the resort was clean and plenty of activities to keep adults and young children entertained.”
- “A couple that booked a Maldives honeymoon package from us commented that the sandbank at Kuramathi is very romantic.”
- “Another couple mention that the night sky in Kuramathi is gorgeous.”
TIPS FOR CUSTOMERS VISITING KURAMATHI MALDIVES
- After international flight, do clear the custom as soon as possible and if one is lucky, can catch a earlier speedboat or seaplane to Kuramathi
- As the speedboat and seaplane timing can be inconvenient at times, it is best to stay a night at a transit hotel near the airport. Do chat with us more on this and let us plan it out for you.
- There are 3 buffet restaurants – there is an option to rotate dinner to have more variety.
- Check with the reception the day before departure on your speedboat timing
- For snorkeling, it is best to get your own facemask for hygiene purpose.
- Check out Maldives weather and occupancy rate before booking a flight there. Check out our blog on the BEST TIME TO VISIT MALDIVES
- For Singaporeans or people departing from Singapore, you can obtain a wifi pass at Changi Airport
- Shoes are not neccessary in Maldives. Bring a pair of flip flop instead !
- If in doubt on further questions, do have a no obligation chat with us !
MALDIVES HOLIDAY PACKAGES 2018 - KURAMATHI MALDIVES
6D5N MURAMATHI SPILT ROOM PROMOTIONS FROM SGD1480 PER PAX
Period: 1st May 2018 – 27th Dec 2018
Booked by: 1 Month Prior to Arrival
- 1st Night in an Overnight hotel
- 2 nights Beach Villa with Jacuzzi + 2 nights Water Villa with Jacuzzi
- Full Board Meal plan (All Inclusive Meal plan just add S$260++ nett)
- Combined returned Speedboat transfer
- All taxes inclusive
Special event and celebration:
‐ Flower decoration on bed, chocolate/macaron, a bottle of wine
- This is LAND only package. Does not include international airfare
- Package includes internal transfer and all related taxes
- Cancellation policy applies
- Child options to be discussed separately
- Room upgrade options available
- Honeymoon/Wedding Anniversary package available