THE RESIDENCE DHIGURAH - A HIDDEN GEM in GAAFU ATOLL
WHICH IS THE BEST RESORT IN MALDIVES? – Another post by The Lazing Wanderer to introduce a hidden gem at Gaafu Atoll – The Residence Dhigurah.
You can read more on other resorts here:
Kuramathi Maldives – Experience living in a overwater villa
BEST RESORTS IN MALDIVES – OBLU BY ATMOSPHERE RESORTS
Noku Maldives – A newly renovated resort
Movenpick Ice Cream !
In this blog, we will introduce The Residence Dhigurah -situated in one of the largest and deepest atoll in the world.
Dual Island at The Residence
The Residence Dhigurah opened it doors to the public in June 2019. It is about 55mins domestic flight from Maldives’ international airport. It is situated at almost the end of Maldives; you can imagine the domestic flight to be very scenic. There will be a short wait at the airport lounge before embarking on the domestic flight. The Residence Dhigurah has a sister island and its situated at Gaafu Atoll too – The Residence Falhumaafushi. In fact the two resorts are linked via a bridge forming one of the biggest island offering in Maldives. As a customer, you can stay in both island (split island stay) and take advantage of the facilities in the 2 islands.
Pool, pool pool
The Residence Dhigurah is a “all private pool” villas resort. The whole island spans about 2km long and gives privacy to all guests on the island. It has 173 beautiful villas and each of them are crafted from the finest material. Design of the villas are with modern feel and luxurious look. We have the chance to visit The Residence Dhigurah in June 2019. We were in awe of the design. It is modern and sleek. Villas are reasonably spacious and all the villas comes with a private pool. The private pools are huge ! Dhigurah shares the same housereef with its sister island and its is beautiful. We saw baby sharks and even turtles.
- 50 x One Bedroom Beach Pool Villa (150sqm)
- 36 x One bedroom deluxe beach pool villa (155sqm)
- 8 x Two bedroom beach pool villa (336sqm)
- 17 x One bedroom lagoon pool villa (150sqm)
- 4 x One bedroom deluxe lagoon pool villa (155sqm)
- 54 x One bedroom water pool villa (152sqm)
- 4 x Two bedroom water pool villa (336sqm)
Dhigurah's Dining Options
There are many array of dining option in The Residence Maldives. A notable mention is Li Bai restaurant. The resort go to the extent to invite the chef from Singapore’s Li Bai’s resturant to take the helm at The Residence island. It serves refined Cantonese cuisine. The Dining Room (present in both island) is a more relaxed, all-day affair. There are other specialty restaurants like Cafe del sol in the beach club, long island etc that serve light snacks, drinks etc.
A Pre School Like Kids Club
The moment we saw the kids club, we were all “wow-ed” by it. The outdoor playground is so huge and spacious. The whole kids club is like a pre school. The kids club cater to children from the age of 3 to 12. There will be specially trained kids-experts who will be entertaining the little ones while the parents can spend time for a spa or massage.
Kids Club Activities
- Outdoor immersion : Nature walks, sandcastle building, beach games, hermit crab and marine life hunt, palm tree picnics, beach volleyball and soccer
- Splash and fun : Swimming, snorkeling, sailing, kayaking
- Talent showcase : Baking decorating, make-your-own Maldivian dish
- Scavenger hunts
- Dhivehi language practice
- Yoga for kids
- Marine lift exploration : Environmental awareness, fish feeding
OPENING SPECIAL - 6D5N THE RESIDENCE DHIGURAH
- Period: Till 21st Dec 2019
- 1N in an overnight hotel in Hulhumale
- 4N The Residence Dhigurah Stay
- Standard all inclusive meal plan
- Domestic plane + speedboat transfer
- All taxes inclusive
- More information HERE